Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's Day: Baskets & Gifts III

Yes they might be all grown up to many but, not to us parents.  I love sending my daughter packages, she now lives in Texas and of course, I live in Alabama.  I want to send more than just a card, as she is that important to me.





I could just...

Throw all these goodies into a box and be done with it but, that is just not my style and also, I love her too much to do just that.

With a few inexpensive packaging, your gift will bring so much love, they are reassured that yes, you do love them, they are and will always be special to you.

Can one package do that, you bet your last bottom dollar it will.

I would like to point out one important suggestion...

Buy these holiday boxes, paper and decorations a day or two after the holiday is over, the savings is tremendous, from 60% off and on up.

Make 'it' Pretty Folks


Okay, I admit it, I did buy a bunch of hair accessories in the clearance bin, I tried to take off the stickers but, I had ripped off half the paper while doing so.

How I combated this problem was, I had taken the hair accessories out of the package.  I then placed them into these adorable Valentine small Chinese take out containers.  After I placed 1/4 of a Valentine theme napkin inside and then closed them up.

I also placed a small bear globe (bears are 1 of her favorite things) into one of those Chinese take out containers, for extra protection.

I will add her Valentine light up ring in her Valentine cup and then stuff her frogs (Also one of her favorite things) inside of the cup, leaving the head exposed.  We are saving space here folks.  Mama taught me how to pack things many of years ago.  Mama being a wife to one in the AF and traveling around the world, you learn a thing or two about packing.  No empty spaces should be in any box, or you just have too big of a box.

Stuff IT!



When stuffing their sweet Valentine's gifts into their box, think of how it will look when they open it, is it just thrown in, or did you take the time to place their goodies just so.  So as it puts a smile on their face as soon as they open your package of love you sent them, if not, re-pack.  It really means a lot, first impressions folks, can make or break it all.

I then placed a little extra napkins surrounding her bear globe, I will lay the rest of the package of Valentine napkins on top of this masterpiece, then a few bags of popcorn on top of those napkins and then all my space is taken up.  As she pulls back the popcorn and napkins, she will see a package made with love.

Why the popcorn might you ask, well my theme for her and her husband is movie night, yes I placed a few DVD's inside and other than the trinkets I picked up for her, the rest is a romantic movies night package for them to enjoy.

If You Don't Mind...

I was once challenged (dared) to try and write a poem.  Although it is a simple poem, I am sure you too will see that the simple things in life, the day to day grind, is not so bad. Especially when you have ones you love in your world.

Pictures of Life...

Just might be...

A child looking us in the eye,

as he smiles so sweetly.

All we have to do is open our eyes and we will see...

beauty surround us,

you and me.

Pictures of Life...


Will sometimes be, watching a dog being so carefree.  We just have to open our eyes and we will see pictures of life surround us, you and me.

Pictures of Life...

Just might be...

You son looking at you, with all the love...

Of a child of three.

All you must do is open your eyes,

I promise you will see...

Beauty surrounds us, you and me.

Pictures of Life...


Just might be, a brother working hard for his sister.  That would be me.  We should all look around and see, that we must open our eyes.  To you and me.

Pictures of Life... 


Just might be...

Your daughter and her husband making a life together...

and they 'let' you see.

If you don't look around, you will never see...

All the beauty that is surrounding...

You and me.


Pictures of Life...


Might not always be a picture you and I want to see but, if we don't open our eyes.  How can we see, if someone needs us, you and me.

Pictures of Life... 


Could also be...

The mother of my grandson handing him to me.

If we will not take off that lens cap...

How can we see...

What others do, for you and me.

Pictures of Life... 

The poem I just shared with you and me...

Might be a simple poem for you to read but...

I find 'simple' to be...

The most powerful word in the dictionary.

We just have to open our eyes and we will see.

That we have pictures of life...

That surround you and me.

Folks... 


I have taken the challenge, as you can see and even if it not a 'great' work of art, do you at least agree...

That the most powerful pictures in life are the simple ones...

To you and me.

All I am saying is, don't grumble as you buy a gift for the one you love on Valentines day, instead look around at the pictures the ones you love give you.  I am sure you too will stop and remember, just how important they are to you.

Why not!

My wonderful husband will be working on Valentine's day and this woman will not be awake to serve him bed in breakfast at six in the morning.

After you have been together for over two decades, you both are allowed to sleep in, it is a law or something.

Also, we are smart enough to know that Valentine's Day is more than just one day a year, when you are in love.

So since Dan will be working, I decided to make a quiche for him, he will grab a few pieces and off to work he will go.

Well, I do have 364 more days until next Valentine's Day to make it up.

BUT.... 



If you have the time, make a good size breakfast you can share and do not forget a few pieces of chocolate, it will set the ambiance and who knows what might happen.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day: I
Valentine's Day: II

Baked Potato Quiche:  Mama's Got 'it' Loaded!

All photographs are the property of Denise O.  Do not use unless you get 'my' written permission. All written material is owned by Denise O, it will not be 'used' (sharing my article is different, it is acceptable and appreciated) without 'my' written permission.  Just keeping it real folks.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment