Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Bowl XLVII: Football, Fun, Food and Yes, Drinks! Part 6

Yes we are now close to kick off time, I have exactly 1 hour to get a bit more of my knowledge out.  I am a beer person but, I love me some Alabama Sangria.  You just might also.




Do not get me wrong...

I love a ice cold beer like most, the colder the better.  I also like to have a bit more of a punch at times and this Alabama Sangria is my go to drink.  It is also good because you make it by the batch and then you can make friends.

Hunch Punch


Me, back in the day
I remember back in the day when we would all pool our money together so we could make us some hunch punch.  I am sure I am dating myself by admitting this but, oh well, so goes life.

The one thing that has changed over these decades is, I can now afford a better base for the punch other than kool-aid.  I am able to buy a better quality of spirits and no, I am no longer the one in the corner trying to suck that last little bit of alcohol out of that piece of fruit.

After saying that, it does make a bit giddy and it taste so darn good.  I usually soak my fruit over night, you don't have the time.  Still do this step but leave it out on the counter, room temperature fruit will soak up the alcohol faster than cold fruit will.

Alabama Sangria Punch

You will need...

4 cups peach schnapps
2 bottles wine (white or blush
46 ounce pineapple juice
3 1/2 cups mango nectar
1 cup vodka
1 orange (sliced into rings)
1 2 liter Sprite

Fruit

5 cups watermelon
2 cups peaches  (frozen)
2 1/2 cups pineapple
1 cantaloupe
Star fruit for garnish

Grab a few extra sprites, some folks don't like a strong drink, so be prepared.  Also, add the fruit you like.


Soak the Fruit



Cut up your fruit and place your fruit in a big glass bowl, including your orange.  Pour your schnapps and vodka over the fruit and allow the fruit to rest, room temperature.  So the fruit will have a better chance to soak up all that goodness.

Almost 'buttkicking' Time...


When your fruit is done, add your wine, pineapple juice and mango nectar to your bowl.  This is why you need a big bowl.  Mix and allow to sit for at least 15 minutes, pour it in a pitcher.

I use a bamboo skewer and place some of the fruit pieces on the skewer, always the star on top.

Is it a must you take this step, well no but remember, they will be talkng about this party for months to come, let us make the feedback positive.

Now...

That you have taken the steps to beautify your Alabama Sangria Punch, it is time to start pouring the drinks.



 After you have pours the Sangria from the pitcher, then top it off with a tad bit of Sprite or more if you would like, it is your drink.

ICE!





For us Too...


Yes we will make sure that Bugg and Sweet Tee will have plenty of ice but also, we need ice.  It is one of the most important items you can have!

Make sure you add non-alcoholic drinks and of course, beer to the tub.  If you don't have a wash tub like I do ( I live in Bama folks, do I have a wash tub) then use bath tub.

You will need all the space you have in your refrigerator to place all those goodies you are going to serve your guest.

If someone calls before coming and they say "Do you need any thing?".  Tell them yes you do, I need more ice.  You never (it seems) have enough.

3 Minutes to 6...

I am sure I will be a bit past my 6 o'clock deadline but hey, it will only be a few minutes late.  If this series did not help you for this Super Bowl Party then maybe, it will come in handy next year.

Drinking Game...



I have comprised a drinking game you and your guest will be able to enjoy. How ever many of these suggestions you want to use or not use, is up to you.

When a quarterback is sacked: The team that was sacked must take a shot or down what they are drinking.

When a team makes a touchdown: The team that did not stop them from making a touchdown, must take a shot or down what they are drinking

When a team makes a field goal: The team that did not block that ball has to take a shot or down what they are drinking.

If the field goal: Was kicked at least 40 yards away and it is successful, the opposing team has to take a additional shot.

If the field goal: Is missed then, the team that missed, must take a shot and 2 shots if the attempt was 30 yards or less.

Have a great day!  Please 'do not' Drink & Drive!

Now, Let's Get Ready For Some Football!


It all started here...

Super Bowl: Part 1



Never Forgotten!


To all of you wonderful men & women (& their families) whom keep our freedoms alive and well, you are in our thoughts today, no matter where you might be.  A special shout out to those in Afghanistan, we 'still' have your back!

All photographs are the property of Denise O.  Do not use unless you get 'my' written permission. All written material is owned by Denise O, it will not be 'used' (sharing my article is different and acceptable) without 'my' written permission.  Just keeping it real folks.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment