Saturday, March 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies: No Flour & Easy

I wish I knew whom to give credit to for this cookie recipe.  My mother used it as well as my brownie troop leader, it was the first cookie I ever baked.  The fact these cookies have no flour is a plus for me, I try and stay on a high protein, less carb diet and these cookies are an equal balance of both.




                                                                 Ingredients
                       


You can double, triple or quadruple this recipe, it wont change a thing.

1 cup of peanut butter

1 cup of sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla (real) extract






Put all these ingredients in a mixing bowl. 

Mix with a hand mixer until combined.

I use a one inch ice cream scoop. 

I get a generous scoop and place it on my sheet.

Roll each scoop of cookie mixture into a ball and put back on the cookie sheet.






Take a fork and press the peanut butter balls down one way.

Then press them with the fork the opposite way, to make a criss cross.

Bake 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Cool on rack.


                              Make them even Better


They're good just as they are but, I also like to take half the batch and make peanut butter chocolate cookies. 

You will need a container of store bought milk chocolate frosting.  Put a few heaping tablespoons in a microwave proof (small) bowl.  Melt at 5 second intervals, stirring after each time. Until it has melted and it has the consistency of chocolate syrup. 

It usually only takes about 10 seconds for mine to melt.






Take a fork and drizzle the icing on your cookies.  Allow the cookies to stay put until the icing has set.

Then either enjoy them yourself or pack some up and share some of these delicious cookies with a friend.  I make them for the family and also I put them in packages I love to give as gifts.

Valentine's day Gifts


All photographs are the property of Denise O.  Do not use unless you get 'my' written permission. All writing material is owned by Denise O, it will not be shared without 'my' written permission.  Just keeping it real.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment